A brief history of our church:
- Christ Presbyterian Church began in January 1990 in the Gardnerville-Minden area of Nevada, when a small group realized the real need for a Presbyterian fellowship in the Carson Valley.
- We began holding Bible studies in area homes. After Presbytery recognized the fellowship in September 1990, we held Sunday afternoon services at Coventry Cross Episcopal Church.
- Later, our growing congregation began meeting in Douglas High School, and then in The Record-Courier building.
- In May 1996, the congregation was officially chartered by Nevada Presbytery as a new Presbyterian church.
- In November 2013, Pastor Carl Dahlen assumed pastoral duties at our church. He brings an extensive history of Christian ministry, Bible study, and Christian leadership. His focus is on a Christ-centered approach to worship, fellowship, and daily living. He envisions our church as a growing body of believers who serve our community and extend an open invitation to all who would follow the Spirit’s leading into God’s good future.